Jerk Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Mango Salsa
Updated: Jun 1
I recently ordered a four pack of seasonings from Gloriously Global Seasonings (@gloriouslyglobalseasonings on Insta) and I couldn't be happier with their products. I made Cajun potato chips the other day but really wanted to find a great summer dish for the Jerk seasoning. I just received a mango and romaine lettuce in my produce box from Brookside Farms Home Delivery (@brooksidefarms.homedelivery on Insta) and thought it would be the perfect marriage. Wanting to keep this meal inspired by local vendors, I popped over to Prince's Farm Stand (@princesfarmstand on Insta) to pick up cilantro, a red onion and red bell pepper.
Whenever I think about a meal that's great for warm weather I always want to find a way to incorporate the grill and bold fresh flavors. This mango salsa is amazing - it is super fresh and can be served alone or on top of a grilled protein. The Jerk seasoning on the chicken gives a great subtle spice that balances out the sweetness in the salsa - with the fresh lime giving the proper level of acid. I encourage you to give this recipe a try! Thanks for following along! ~LC
Gather up your ingredients for the mango salsa. Rinse all produce. I am not usually a lover of cilantro, but in this dish I add a little bit. If you like cilantro, feel free to add as much as your heart desires.
Chop the mango, red onion and bell pepper all into uniform pieces. Mince up the cilantro. Squeeze a half of lime over the top, sprinkle of sea salt and mix together. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Gather ingredients for the Jerk chicken. If your chicken breasts are thick, simply take one and slice thin. Place seasoning and olive oil in a Ziploc bag and mix together. Add chicken and move around to coat evenly. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight. Grill on a grill around 400 degrees, place chicken on direct heat and cook for 5-6 minutes per side. Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Wrap in aluminum foil and let rest.
After letting chicken rest for 5 minutes, cut into bite sized pieces and assemble into lettuce leaves. Top with mango salsa. Squeeze with a lime wedge and finish with a sprinkle of sea salt. Enjoy!
Jerk Chicken Lettuce Wraps
2 thinly sliced chicken breasts
2 tsp Jerk seasoning
1 tsp olive oil
6 Romaine lettuce leaves
1. Pat chicken dry. In a Ziploc bag, combine Jerk seasoning and olive oil.
2. Add chicken to bag, move around to coat evenly.
3. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
4. Heat grill to about 400 degrees and place chicken on direct heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side. Internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
5. Remove from grill when done and wrap in aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
6. Cut into small bite sized pieces and arrange in lettuce. Squeeze with a wedge of lime and finish with a sprinkle of sea salt.
1 medium sized mango
¼ cup diced red onion
¼ cup diced red bell pepper
Sea salt, to taste
Cilantro, to taste
1. Prep all produce. Dice mango into small uniform pieces. Ensure that the size of the red onion, mango and bell pepper are consistent.
2. Mince cilantro.
3. Mix all ingredients together and squeeze juice of a half of lime. Sprinkle in sea salt to taste. Refrigerate for 1 hour prior to using to top lettuce wrap.